A Timber Appraisal, or scientific sampling method used to determine the density and value of timber on your property, is key to assessing the value of your land and determining the density and timber value. This can be done prior to or post-logging. Not only does this information contribute to the resale value of your property and save Landowners tax money (when coupled with a Stewardship Plan to NH or VT Current Use Standards), but it provides a baseline for Hooper Hill Forestry to generate income for the Landowner and measure increases in forest growth and value.
To determine what your timber and property is worth, Hooper Hill Forestry will produce a spreadsheet with the volumes and values, by species and product, of timber on your land. We obtain data by cruising your land, using a systematic grid of inventory plots, while measuring and grading trees to grow as a sample in our computer processing programs. At each inventory plot, we measure a certain number of trees to determine an accurate sample of your timber volumes and values.
Our reports provide detailed, technical information on the quality, quantity, and locations of specific stands. With this information, Hooper Hill Forestry will calculate the market value of your woodlot, based on current timber prices, to estimate what the timber on your land is worth at present time and develop an appropriate management plan.
Why request a Timber Appraisal?
- Save Tax Money: By appraising timber, Hooper Hill Forestry provides Landowners with an accurate value of their property, as opposed to an arbitrary estimate, which will reduce your annual property taxes when coupled with a proper Current Use Stewardship Plan. While each property is different, Stewardship Plans and Current Use Updates result in an approximately 40% decrease in current use taxation. This however, only includes land in Current Use, not developed land.
- Increase Resale Value: Often times, Landowners do not have accurate figures to assess the value of their land. Timber appraisals provide Landowners with accurate information regarding the value of their property, which may be incorporated into a sales agreement. This can be a valuable tool when either buying or selling and a forested property.
- Develop A Forestry Management Plan: Timber Appraisals measure the value of a woodlot. This information allows Hooper Hill Forestry to develop an appropriate plan to select for certain species, track the progress and health of your timber, and generate income for you. A full timber cruise appraisal provides invaluable data that help foresters and landowners alike to better manage any property.
- Determine and Increase Land Value: Timber Appraisals provide detailed, useful information about the value of your timber and property. Not only does this information contribute to the resale value of your land, but it provides a baseline for Hooper Hill Forestry to develop a forest management plan, generate income for the Landowner and measure increases in forest growth and wealth.
Why Choose Hooper Hill Forestry for your Timber Appraisal Projects in New Hampshire and Vermont?
- Quality Work: We use top quality data collection tools and mapping devices to gather and process information about the timber size, quantity, quality and density on your property.
- Efficiency: Having personally cruised thousands of acres of land in New Hampshire and Vermont, Hooper Hill Forestry owner Jordan King uses high quality maps, GIS tools and data collecting equipment to assess your timber quickly, efficiently and accurately.
- Experience: With over 15 years of experience appraising timber in New Hampshire and Vermont, Hooper Hill Forestry saves you money by working quickly to identify tree species, timber density and other valuable information regarding the entirety of your property.
- Customer Satisfaction: Hooper Hill Forestry has completed many successful timber appraisals in New Hampshire and Vermont. We are proud of our work and relationships with Landowners.
If you are looking for a Timber Appraisal, Call or Contact us today!
Looking for a different forestry service?
We can also assist you with Timber Harvesting, Timber Appraisals, Land Acquisition, Stewardship and Current Use, GIS Mapping, Forest Health Evaluations, Boundary Line Maintenance, Sugarbush Management, Wildlife Habitat, View Creation, and Forest Roads and Trail Building. We are New Hampshire and Vermont’s premier, licensed, forestry professionals. If there is still another forestry or logging service you are looking for, please contact us. We work with a large network of other industry professionals and would be delighted to help you in the right direction. We look forward to hearing from you.