Geographic Information Systems (also known as GIS) mapping analyzes spacial locations and organizes layers of information into highly-detailed, visual maps. Hooper Hill Forestry uses Esri ArcGIS mapping programs to produce aerial and topographical maps, visualize forest operations, monitor changing forest conditions, and improve forest resource management decisions.
Hooper Hill Forestry GIS maps not only display the boundaries of your property but also highlight key landmarks such as roads, stonewalls, streams, fields and ledge, in addition to information regarding tree species, timber stands, and tree density across the property. When accompanied with a Stewardship Plan, these maps enable our foresters and landowners to better navigate and envision the future of your forest.
Why develop GIS maps of your property?
- Increase Productivity and Generate Income: By developing GIS maps with our expert assistance, Hooper Hill Forestry will help you identify timber assets and increase productivity, improve the health of your forest, and build a lasting resource on your property for many generations to come.
- Maximize the Value of Timber Assets: By mapping the forest resources on your property, Hooper Hill Forestry can help you maximize the value of your timber assets and generate income.
- Improve Forest Resource Management: Hooper Hill Forestry GIS maps communicate key information about your property, such as landmarks, tree species and topographical patterns, allowing our Forestry experts to manage your woodlands more effectively.
- Visualize Forest Operations: Hooper Hill Forestry GIS maps organize layers of information into highly detailed, visual maps. We have access to a wide-array of informational layers online. These include aerial photos taken by the State every few years reaching all the way back to 1998 through the Present. Landowners and Foresters alike may use these maps to not only identify boundary lines and landmarks, but also monitor the spread of forest resources across your property.
- Monitor Changing Forest Conditions: There are many pests, diseases and overall stresses that can limit tree growth and production. Hooper Hill Forestry can help mitigate these stresses to encourage growth and the long-term forest health of your property. We can also use GIS maps to monitor timber harvests and prescribe treatment plans that will maximize future timber values.
Why Choose Hooper Hill Forestry for GIS mapping in New Hampshire and Vermont?
- Efficiency: Having personally worked on hundreds of acres of land in New Hampshire and Vermont, Hooper Hill Forestry owner Jordan King draws from many forestry practices and data collection techniques to develop GIS maps.
- Quality Work: Hooper Hill Forestry uses top GIS mapping programs and forestry practices to collect, store and organize data regarding your property. Our maps will display, communicate and manage information, allowing our Forestry experts to manage your woodlands more effectively.
- Experience: With over 15 years of experience managing land in New Hampshire and Vermont, Hooper Hill Forestry saves you money by working quickly to collect data at your property and determine what land management practices need to occur to encourage growth or implement management plans that satisfy your goals and forestry needs.
- Customer Satisfaction: Hooper Hill Forestry has completed many successful mapping projects in New Hampshire and Vermont. We are proud of our work and relationships with Landowners.
If you are looking for GIS Mapping assistance, Call or Contact us today!
Looking for a different forestry service?
We can also assist you with Timber Harvesting, Timber Appraisals, Land Acquisition, Stewardship and Current Use, GIS Mapping, Forest Health Evaluations, Boundary Line Maintenance, Sugarbush Management, Wildlife Habitat, View Creation, and Forest Roads and Trail Building. We are New Hampshire and Vermont’s premier, licensed, forestry professionals. If there is still another forestry or logging service you are looking for, please contact us. We work with a large network of other industry professionals and would be delighted to help you in the right direction. We look forward to hearing from you.