Boundary line maintenance is the process of marking boundaries with flagging, axe blazes and paint to delineate one Landowner’s property from another. Well-maintained boundaries not only guard against encroachment, trespass and timber theft, but also facilitate forestry work, increase land value, save money, and allow Landowners to locate their own property lines and explore their own forest resources confidently.
Hooper Hill Forestry professionals use GIS maps and landmarks to identify property lines, and then blaze (or mark) trees along these lines using axes and paint. We also clear brush around the blazes and hang flagging so the boundaries are highly visible. If desired, we can produce maps as part of this service. We can bill by the hour, by the mile, or simply bid on the project. Whichever you prefer.
We recommend performing routine boundary line maintenance every 10-15 years to reopen blazes, refresh paint and cut back brush from growing into the lines. Without periodic maintenance, the paint fades away and the blazes grow over, leaving no recognizable property borders. If your boundary lines are no longer recognizable, a survey may be required to reestablish the lines, which is far more costly and labor intensive than regular forestry maintenance. Periodic boundary line maintenance, by a licensed forester, is the cheapest way to maintain boundaries in the long-term.
Why maintain boundary lines?
- Save Money: Once your boundary lines become overgrown or faded, you will have to contact a surveyor to re-survey your property boundaries. As opposed to enlisting Hooper Hill Forestry to maintain your boundary lines on a regular basis, surveying work is a time consuming, labor intensive and costly process.
- Protect your Land: Clearly marked boundary lines guard Landowners from trespass, encroachment and timber theft.
- Know your Land: Boundary line marking allows Landowners to confidently locate their property lines and explore their forest resources.
- Increase Land Value: If you are looking to sell your property, clearly marked boundary lines increase resale value. Potential new buyers may confidently walk the land to aid in their decision-making.
Why Choose Hooper Hill Forestry for your Boundary Line Maintenance in New Hampshire and Vermont?
- Quality Work: Our work is highly visible, clearly marked and will last 10-15 years between routine maintenance.
- Efficiency: Having personally marked over thousands of miles of Boundary Lines in New Hampshire and Vermont, Hooper Hill Forestry owner Jordan King works quickly and efficiently, using GIS mapping programs and state-of-the-art technology to maintain and restore your boundary lines.
- Experience: With over 15 years of experience marking boundary lines in New Hampshire and Vermont, Hooper Hill Forestry saves you money by working efficiently to identify land marks and recover boundary lines on your property.
- Customer Satisfaction: Hooper Hill Forestry has completed many successful boundary line marking projects in New Hampshire and Vermont. We are proud of our work and relationships with Landowners.
If you are looking for Boundary Line Maintenance, Call or Contact us today!
Looking for a different forestry service?
We can also assist you with Timber Harvesting, Timber Appraisals, Land Acquisition, Stewardship and Current Use, GIS Mapping, Forest Health Evaluations, Boundary Line Maintenance, Sugarbush Management, Wildlife Habitat, View Creation, and Forest Roads and Trail Building. We are New Hampshire and Vermont’s premier, licensed, forestry professionals. If there is still another forestry or logging service you are looking for, please contact us. We work with a large network of other industry professionals and would be delighted to help you in the right direction. We look forward to hearing from you.