Hooper Hill Forestry builds roads and trails that fit naturally into the landscape. These roads or trails may be used to assist with timber harvesting projects, which will generate income for the Landowner, or simply facilitate your personal enjoyment of the Land. As avid nature enthusiasts, hikers, hunters, runners and dog walkers ourselves, we understand the importance of exploring your property and appreciating its natural beauty.
We have vast expertise in identifying and building roads or trails and we will work with you to determine what type of roads or trails (size, width, mileage, use-type), you wish to construct. We typically begin by mapping the property topographically, taking into consideration steep grades, streams, rivers, ledge and attractive vistas (check out our view creation work), to determine what alterations to your property need to occur in order to build areas for hiking, skiing, ATV riding, snowmobiling, running, biking, or walking.
Prior to founding Hooper Hill Forestry, owner Jordan King worked in the excavation business for many years. Unlike other forestry companies, we know first-hand the challenges of building forest roads and will work efficiently on your behalf. We will either perform the work with our own equipment, or will provide you with reputable businesses that will do quality work for the right price. We understand that forest road construction can be costly, especially if not done right, and will work to save you money. Ask us about our recent projects.
Unlike other outfits that are only concerned with gaining the initial work, and will build roads too cheap, our roads and trails are always designed for the long-term. We produce top quality roads and trails by working with the landscape, integrating high quality materials, and implementing natural maintenance systems, such as water bars, so that our work will withstand erosion, last for many years to come, and help pay for itself. Hooper Hill Forestry has over 20 years of experience developing roads and trails and looks forward to working with you.
Why build trails or roads on your property?
- Generate Income: The construction of logging roads and trails on your property provide natural outlets for timber harvesting (logging), should you wish to generate income from timber on your land.
- Improve Access: Whether you are preparing for logging, or just want better foot, ATV, or vehicle access to enjoy every inch of your land, we can make it happen.
- Appreciate Nature: Hooper Hill Forestry can build roads and trails on your property for your enjoyment. We love hiking, running, hunting and taking our dog for long walks along the trails at our home and would love to work with you to do the same.
- Improve Landscape and Increase Property Value: Building roads and trails on your land can increase property value and attractiveness, both by adding access for timber harvesting and by providing outlets for many outdoor activities such as hiking, running, walking, hunting, skiing, snowmobiling, ATV riding, etc. Any investment you make now will pay dividends in the future.
Why Choose Hooper Hill Forestry to build roads and trails in New Hampshire and Vermont?
- Efficiency: Having personally built many miles of roads and trails in New Hampshire and Vermont, Hooper Hill Forestry owner Jordan King draws from vast experience and road-building techniques to create roads and trails that last efficiently.
- Quality work: Hooper Hill Forestry owner Jordan King comes from a “woods” family that has logged and worked in excavation for generations. There is nothing the family hasn’t seen or dealt with before. The King family has a reputation for quality work coupled with honesty and integrity.
- Quality materials: In addition to using high quality mapping and road-building tools to identify areas on your property where roads and trails will fit naturally with the landscape, we integrate materials from your property with other top quality materials, such as rock (as needed), so that our work will last for many years to come.
- Experience: With over 20 years of experience building roads and trails in New Hampshire and Vermont, Hooper Hill Forestry saves you money by drawing from our vast excavation and forestry experience.
- Customer Satisfaction: Hooper Hill Forestry has completed many successful road and trail building projects in New Hampshire and Vermont. We are proud of our work and relationships with Landowners.
If you are looking for Forest Road or Trail Building work, Call or Contact us today!
Looking for a different forestry service?
We can also assist you with Timber Harvesting, Timber Appraisals, Land Acquisition, Stewardship and Current Use, GIS Mapping, Forest Health Evaluations, Boundary Line Maintenance, Sugarbush Management, Wildlife Habitat, View Creation, and Forest Roads and Trail Building. We are New Hampshire and Vermont’s premier, licensed, forestry professionals. If there is still another forestry or logging service you are looking for, please contact us. We work with a large network of other industry professionals and would be delighted to help you in the right direction. We look forward to hearing from you.